Welcome to Dog Books Library!
Many thanks to dog*tec who mentioned Dog Books Library in its newsletter!
We have added 81 new pages and countless new products.
Sign up for our newsletter (under the navigation tabs on the left) to be notified when we add new products. Tell your friends, colleagues, and clients about us! Link to us -- we'll send you a thumbnail.
We welcome your comments. Please send them to caryl@DogBooksLibrary.com
I am pleased to bring you content free of charge.
When you click on some links and purchase some items through my website,
I receive a referral commission.
I recommend products and services that I think you will benefit by using.
Thank you for your support.
Why should I come to Dog Books Library to get dog books, DVDs, videos, and supplies?
- This site is both an Amazon site and a Dogwise site -- in other words, whatever you purchase here, you can purchase for the same price on Amazon or Dogwise -- with a twist.
- A portion of the profits from this site goes to the Morris Animal Foundation and the American Holistic Veterinary Medical Foundation for research on diseases of dogs. So please come back often because with each purchase you make, you are contributing to research to better the lives of our best friends.
- Dog Books Library is a timesaver for you.
- I have filtered out all the junk that normally comes up when you look for a category on Amazon -- if you want to read about Labrador Retrievers, you don't have to wade through the Labrador Retriever cookie cutters, Labrador Retriever jewelry, treats, etc., dog books and dog products with less than 4 stars, and duplicate entries.
- Please note -- in order to use this site, you need to turn off AdBlocker so you can link to Amazon and Dogwise.
And if that's not enough reason to come to Dog Books Library -- The other sites are not very attractive and are boring! I hope you enjoy the humorous photographs and the cozy feeling of this site and that you come back again and again to see what's new and let others know about us, too.
We are adding new features, including a blog and social media pages where you can comment both on the books and on the site as well as a What's New? section so you can discover what's been added since the last time you were here. Let us know what other features you would like, and we'll do what we can to oblige you.
And this is only the beginning! I'm going to add more topics, more books, and more products. Again, just let me know what you want, and I'll do my best to accommodate you.
Who the heck are you?
My name is Caryl Wolff (my actual birth name -- honest! Was dog training my destiny???). I have been a dog trainer/behavior consultant for 20+ years, am a professional member of the Association of Professional Dog Trainers and the International Association of Animal Behavior Professionals as well as being the first dog trainer who is certified by five different dog training organizations. You can read more about me here.
Because I try to keep current in dogdom, I read a LOT and watch videos. I am constantly buying dog books. There are several sites that sell discounted dog books, but they are not broken down by topics very well (behavior, training, problems, etc.) -- and I have to wade through a lot of titles before finding something I want. Although the description of the material sounds good, when I receive the books, often I am disappointed in the content.
How do you choose the items on Dog Books Library?
When I hear about a new book, I don't know whether it is good or not, especially if a book is written by someone I am not familiar with. Simply seeing the cover, reading its description, and reading the table of contents is not enough. So I generally research the author to determine whether to add the book to my own personal library (which currently numbers well over 1,000 dog books, videos, and DVDs).
True story -- While doing research for Dog Books Library, I came across a series of very interesting-looking books on aggression from someone in England whom I had never heard of. I looked into the books and her background further and discovered that she had plagiarized the material word for word and illustration for illustration from a well-known American author! I contacted the author who subsequently contacted Amazon, and the fraudulent books are now removed.
Confession time -- I have not read each book here, seen every video or DVD, or used every single product. However, I have handpicked each book or product on Dog Books Library based on the following criteria
- I have read the book and/or used the product and I would recommend it.
- I know of the author and feel comfortable recommending a book that s/he writes.
- I have read the reviews on Amazon or Dogwise and include those with a 4- or 5-star (or 4- or 5-paw) rating.
- A fellow dog trainer whose judgment I trust has recommended the book, DVD, or product to me.
- The books, DVDs, or products were discussed and recommended in one of the many Yahoo Listservs I belong to and read.
Is it okay if I suggest a book or product?
Absolutely! Any input is very much appreciated and welcomed. If you have a book that you have written or a product that you have invented, please send it. Please send me an email caryl@DogBooksLibrary.com
May I offer suggestions about Dog Books Library site itself?
Again, absolutely! Please let me know how to make this site more user friendly and relevant to you.
Make yourself at home, and PLEASE ENJOY THE SITE.
And come back often!
Photos on this site are from istock.com and/or bigstock.com unless otherwise noted.
Photo of Caryl Wolff is courtesy of Bill Alexander.
Site logo and Doggie Manners logo are courtesy of Scott Miles.
Each trainer or advertiser provides its own logo and photos.
The creators of Caryl Wolff, Dog Books Library, also known as, “Us”, or “We”, provide various products and/or books including all related content on www.DogBooksLibrary.com (the “Site”) subject to the compliance with the terms and conditions below by any user who accesses the Site (“You”).
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ACCESSING THE WWW.DOGBOOKSLIBRARY.COM SITE.
BY ACCESSING THE WWW.DOGBOOKSLIBRARY.COM SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE WWW.DOGBOOKSLIBRARY.COM SITE.
1. Rules. While visiting the Site, You may not post, transmit or otherwise distribute information constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise use the Site in a manner contrary to law or that would serve to restrict or inhibit any other user from using or enjoying the Site or the Internet; post or transmit any information or software which contains a virus, cancelbot, trojan horse, worm or other harmful or disruptive component; upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, or distribute in any way, information, software or other material obtained through the Site which is protected by copyright, or other intellectual property right, or derivative works with respect hereto, without obtaining permission of the copyright owner or copyright holder. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Site, or any other systems or networks connected to the Site or to any server, or to any of the services or software offered on or through the Site, by hacking, password mining or any other illegitimate or legitimate means. You may be exposed to content that You find offensive, indecent, or objectionable or that is inaccurate, and You bear all risks associated with using that content. We have the right, but not the obligation, to remove any content that may, in our sole discretion, violate these terms and conditions or that is otherwise objectionable. Our Site may contain links to other Internet sites owned by third parties. Your use of each of those sites is subject to the conditions, if any, that each of those sites has posted. We have no control over other sites, and we are not responsible for any changes to or content on them. Our inclusion on our sites of any third-party content or a link to a third-party site is not an endorsement of that content or third-party site.
2. Monitoring. We have no obligation to monitor the Site. However, You agree that We have the right to monitor the Site electronically from time to time and to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or other governmental request, to operate the Site properly, or to protect any person or entity. We reserve the right to refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that, in our sole discretion, are unacceptable, undesirable, or in violation of these terms and conditions.
3. Privacy. We cannot ensure or guarantee privacy for Site users. Any use of this Website shall be at the sole risk of the user, and there shall be no liability in connection with your use.
4. Buying over the Internet. When making purchases via PayPal or other service through the Site or the Internet, You may be asked to supply certain personal information, including credit card or other payment mechanisms. You agree that all information You provide will be accurate and complete. You agree to pay all charges incurred by You or other users of your account and credit card or other payment mechanisms at the prices in effect when such charges are incurred. You also will be responsible for paying all applicable taxes, if any, relating to purchases of Caryl Wolff, Dog Books Library products and/or books. We are in no way responsible for any charges You or any user of your account incurs when making purchases or other transactions.
5. Limitation of Liability. We take no responsibility for the accuracy or validity of any claims or statements contained in the information, documents and related graphics on the Site. Further, We make no representations about the suitability of any of the information contained in software programs, information, documents and related graphics on the Site for any purpose. All such software programs, information, documents and related graphics are provided without warranty of any kind. In no event shall We be liable for any damages whatsoever, including special, indirect or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use of information or software available from the Site.
6. Recourse. If You are dissatisfied with the Site or with any terms, conditions, rules, policies, guidelines, or practices in relation to the Site, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
7. Confidential Information. You authorize Caryl Wolff, Dog Books Library to collect from any party and to retain all relevant information relating to your use of the Site, and You hereby authorize any party to provide Us with such information. You understand and agree that unless You provide notice to the contrary by e-mailing Us, You further authorize Caryl Wolff, Dog Books Library to disclose, on a confidential basis, to any party with whom We have business relations all relevant information relating to your dealings with Us and the Site.
8. Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Caryl Wolff, Dog Books Library and its affiliates (including affiliates and family members of Caryl Wolff, Dog Books Library) and related persons and/or entities harmless from any and all liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, related to any violation of these terms and conditions by You or others, or arising in connection with the use of the Site or WordPress (or any other products and/or books that may be on the www.DogBooksLibrarycom website from time to time) or the Internet, including but not limited to the placement or transmission of any message, information, software or other materials on the Site or on the Internet by You or others.
9. Intellectual Property. We do not claim any ownership in the intellectual property rights of others. All product, brand, or company names not belonging to Us are the intellectual property of their respective owners.
10. DISCLAIMER. THE SOFTWARE AND INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE RESULTS AND THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE AND INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE IS ASSUMED BY THE USER, AND IN NO EVENT WILL WE (INCLUDING AFFILIATES AND FAMILY MEMBERS OF CARYL WOLFF, DOG BOOKS LIBRARY) BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR DIRECT DAMAGES SUFFERED IN THE COURSE OF USING THE SOFTWARE AND INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE.
11. Miscellaneous. This Agreement, including any and all documents referenced herein, constitutes the entire agreement between Caryl Wolff, Dog Books Library and You pertaining to the subject matter hereof. A failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these terms and conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of any provisions or rights. If any of the provisions contained in these terms and conditions are determined to be void, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, such determination shall not affect the remaining provisions contained herein. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of California. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, any disputes shall be resolved through good faith negotiation; if disputes remain unresolved after negotiation, the Parties agree to utilize a simple and mutually acceptable form of alternative dispute resolution that may be conducted through telephonic or electronic means. This Agreement shall be binding upon and shall inure to the benefit of Caryl Wolff, Dog Books Library (including affiliates and family members of Caryl Wolff, Dog Books Library), their heirs, successors, and assigns. We may change these terms and conditions from time to time. By continuing to use the Site after such change has been provided on a website relating to www.DogBooksLibrary.com, you signify your consent to the revised terms.
Caryl Wolff, Dog Books Library reserves the right to amend or vary these terms and conditions or to withdraw the server at any time on reasonable notice.
by Caryl Wolff
Back To Top